An On-Farm Readiness Review is an educational opportunity intended to walk growers through what an inspection on their farm may look like. This is beneficial before a real inspection is conducted.
The key purposes of an On-Farm Readiness Review is to:
- Prepare farmers for implementation of the FSMA PSR
- Provide a conversational approach to help farmers assess their readiness for implementation of the Produce Safety Rule
- Provide tools to help assess how prepared an individual farm is to implement the rule
Why undertake an On-Farm Readiness Review?
- It is voluntary and free
- It will help farmers align what they are doing with what is required in the rule
- Help farmers determine what they are missing regarding on-farm produce safety
- It provides a personalized discussion about a farm’s food safety activities
- Notes taken on the farm remain the property of the farmer
- It will improve the farmer’s readiness for a PSR inspection