1. How do I become a member of the Certified SC Grown program?
Membership in the Certified South Carolina Program is made by application to and acceptance by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture. All farm producers, food manufacturers, specialty food producers, packing facilities and others engaged in the production or manufacture of agricultural products in South Carolina are eligible to apply.
2. How do I order Certified SC stickers and signs?
All approved program members received an Order Form in their new member packets upon joining the Certified SC program. Additional copies of the Order Form may be requested from the Program Coordinator, Ansley Rast Turnblad at email@example.com or 803-734-2207.
3. How do I get my Roadside Market Certified?
The South Carolina Department of Agriculture’s Certified Roadside Market Program was established in 1972, the first official roadside market program in the state. It is a voluntary participation program designed to: create, establish and improve the quality of roadside markets in South Carolina.
NOTE: Jennifer Badger is the new contact person: 803-734-0648 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. How do I order a Certified SC apparel?
Certified SC apparel is sold at the SC State Farmers Market in the Administration Building. Requests may also be made to the Program Coordinator, Ansley Rast Turnblad at email@example.com or 803-734-2207.
5. How do I become of member of the Fresh on the Menu program?
Membership in the Fresh on the Menu program is made by application to and acceptance by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture. Participating chefs agree to prepare menus that include at least 25% Certified South Carolina Grown foods and products in season and feature the Fresh on the Menu brand.
6. Why can’t I purchase a specific watermelon seed in South Carolina?
Certain laws and regulations may affect the availability of a specific seed. More information can be found about the regulations on the Seed Analysis Compliance sheet.
7. Where can I find info on how watermelons are grown in South Carolina?
8. Where can I find a list of Certified SC Growers?
9. Where can I buy Watermelons grown in South Carolina?
Many South Carolina growers sell melons to major retailers. Look for the “Certified SC Grown” signage to help locate them. Many of the growers also sell melons at state farmers markets. More information can be found here.