SC Market Bulletin Policies
1. Only ads pertaining to agricultural products and items used in actual growth, harvesting, and disposal of such
agricultural products are published.
2. Only one ad per household per category is allowed.
3. One ad per category up to 4 different categories per household.
4. Only ads with South Carolina addresses are accepted. Ads from out-of-state are NOT permitted.
5. The advertiser’s complete name, address, zip code, and phone number with area code are required for each
ad submitted. However, only the advertiser’s name, county, and phone number are listed in the ad.
6. A county listing is required in order for the ad to be accepted for publication.
7. Ads may be submitted directly at the SCDA web site. Visit www.agriculture.sc.gov, look for Market Bulletin,
select “post an ad”, and follow the instructions.
8. Ads will be published only one time. To be repeated in another issue, ads must be resubmitted
before each issue’s deadline with all the required information. The deadline date can be found in the top right hand
corner of the front page under the Market Bulletin header.
9. “For Sale” ads must include a price.
10. No sealed bids or legal notices for sale will be printed. Notices will not be published for consignment sales.
11. Each ad is limited to 25 words plus name and address. (Hint: Every 6 characters, which includes letters of
the alphabet, spaces, and punctuation marks, is considered a word. So, 25 words equals about 150 characters.)
12. Ads are NOT accepted from commercial entities including but not limited to dealers, merchants or representatives of
commercial establishments, including real estate agents,unless the property in the ad is personally owned by such
person. Persons who have business licenses to sell agricultural and non-agricultural items are not eligible
to advertise. U.S. Post Office regulations prohibit the publication of commercial ads because of periodical
13. The Market Bulletin does NOT accept responsibility for ads appearing in the publication. Ads are received in
good faith. Notifying the Market Bulletin of evidence of bad faith on the part of any advertiser would be appreciated.
14. The Market Bulletin reserves the right to edit and/or verify any and all ads or notices submitted for publication.
15. Special Rules for specific advertising categories:
Only dog-for-sale notices are published. Such advertisements shall only be published as space permits. All dog-for-sale ads must include copies of a rabies vaccination certificate for dogs 3 months and older. Ads for dogs under 3 months of age must be accompanied by the date of birth. No dog kennel or breeder ads are permitted.
Horse, mule and donkey ads must include an unaltered legible current copy of a negative Coggins test. If under 6 months old, the birth date must be included.
Farm Equipment Category
Farm equipment offered for sale must include a statement such as: “This machinery/equipment has been or will be used by me in an agricultural endeavor and is not offered for sale by an equipment dealer or commercial enterprise.” Only farm truck ads with legitimate farm truck license tag numbers will be accepted. The farm truck license tag number must be included with the ad.
Farm Labor Category
Notices are accepted for agricultural work only and not for housework, nursing or companionship needs.
Farm Land Category
Farm land listed must be for at least 5 acres under cultivation or grazing. Ads from real estate agents are not accepted unless they personally own the property being offered for sale.
Raw milk, eggs, butter and cheese products officially permitted by the SC Department of Health and Environmental
Control Dairy Division, but not licensed for commercial sales, will be published.
All seed advertisements must be accompanied by a copy of a current Seed Lab Test.