- a partnership of the South Carolina Department of Agriculture and Eat Smart, Move More South Carolina.
The South Carolina School Gardens Program is an initiative by the SC Department of Agriculture to provide schools and communities alike with the opportunity to learn healthy eating habits, as well as providing an effective and fun way to instill the appreciation for local agriculture and food production in our children and everyone else involved in the garden. Although each garden is unique, it will all foster a new element of health, nutrition, exercise, education, and deepening relationships within schools and communities. Incorporating the health benefits of gardening activity with the educational process of development reinforces the Department of Agriculture’s goals related to promoting the consumption of locally grown products. We hope that you will visit our website often for current information and resources related to school and community gardens in South Carolina and beyond.
Sign up here to receive the School Gardens Newsletter that is now available or click on the current or past issues below.
||Eat Smart . . . It's in the garden!
- Mellichamp Elementary, Orangeburg, SC
- Pontiac Elementary, Elgin, SC
- Central Childhood Development Center, Rock Hill, SC
- Pauline-Glenn Spring Elementary, Pauline, SC
- New Directions School, Columbia, SC
SCHOOL GARDENS NEWS