1. What is the difference between the shed report and the terminal report?
Terminal reports are:
2. What is NIST?
NIST maintains the national standard for mass in the form of the prototype kilogram and provides services to support the national measurement system. State legal metrology laboratories are custodians at the State level of measurement standards. The Office of Weights and Measures promotes uniformity in U.S. weights and measures laws, regulations, and standards.
3. How much does a certain commodity weigh?
4. Why do I no longer receive a weekly newsletter in the mail anymore?
SCDA no longer mails the weekly livestock or fruit and vegetable newsletter, but our staff would be happy to add your email to our distribution list. The newsletter is posted online via the Market News Page.
5. How do I request a Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) Food Safety Audit for on the farm or wholesale distribution/terminal warehouse?
Every applicant requesting a GAP/GHP audit must submit by fax a completed FV-237A request form to the SCDA-FSIS Fruit & Vegetable Grading & Inspection Service at 803-737-4667. For inquiries dial SCDA-FSIS Office 803-737-4588.
6. How do I get a Fruit or Vegetable Inspection?
Contact the SCDA- FSIS, F & V Grading and Inspection Service at 803-737-4588 or by faxing a completed FV-237 Inspection request form to 803-737-4667.
7. I recently purchased some produce and became sick. Who do I need to contact?
You need to contact the Food and Drug Administration at; http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/default.htm
10 AM- 4 PM EST Outreach and Information Center Inquiries: Submit Your Question
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Food and Drug Administration
5100 Paint Branch Parkway
College Park, MD 20740