1. What are the dates of the flower festivals, where do I get an application, etc.?
This information can be found on the SCDA website.
2. I want to make my own BBQ sauce, what do I do?
We have a wonderful handout that can help you get started: Food Processor Guidelines. In, addition, please complete the Application for Registration Verification Certificate. The product must be produced in an SCDA approved facility. A home or domestic kitchen is not acceptable. You will need to have the bottled/jarred/canned product analyzed by a processing authority. Most people use Clemson University in our state. Depending on the classification of the product, you may also be required to complete a FDA recognized Better Process Control School. You will also be required to register with the SC Department of Agriculture, have your retail labels reviewed and be inspected on a routine basis.
3. How do I find list of specialty food products?
You can find a complete list at their SCSFA website.
4. How can I join the SC Specialty Food Association?
Applications are on the SCSFA website.
5. What are the benefits of joining the South Carolina Specialty Food Association?
Watch the video clip and hear what members are saying.