1. What products need to be registered?
Any size product that you are selling in the State of South Carolina needs to be registered.
2. If I have multiple sizes of a product, how do I register them?
Multiple sizes of a product must be registered individually.
3. I have discontinued a product; do I still have to register it?
You must register a product until there is no product left to be sold.
4. I have a new product. When do I need to register it?
Prior to product distribution.
5. When do I need to renew my products?
Product renewals are due by December 31.
6. When is the earliest I can renew my products?
Product renewal emails will be sent out late September to early October. Once you receive this email, you may renew your products.
7. What happens if I do not meet the December 31 deadline?
Starting in 2020, if a company has missed the December 31 deadline, the South Carolina Department of Agriculture will issue a stop order and remove all company products from the shelves.
8. I have another question that wasn’t answered here.
Please contact Christina Brundage at either CBrundage@scda.sc.gov or 803-467-6286.