1. How do I request a Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) Food Safety Audit for on the farm or wholesale distribution/terminal warehouse?

Every applicant requesting a GAP/GHP audit must submit by fax a completed FV-237A request form to the SCDA-FSIS Fruit & Vegetable Grading & Inspection Service at 803-737-4667. For inquiries dial SCDA-FSIS Office 803-737-4588.

2. How do I get a Fruit or Vegetable Inspection?

Contact the SCDA- FSIS, F & V Grading and Inspection Service at 803-737-4588 or by faxing a completed FV-237 Inspection request form to 803-737-4667.

3. I recently purchased some produce and became sick. Who do I need to contact?

You need to contact the Food and Drug Administration at:

1-888-SAFEFOOD, 1-888-723-3366

10 AM- 4 PM EST Outreach and Information Center Inquiries: Submit Your Question

Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Food and Drug Administration

5100 Paint Branch Parkway
College Park, MD 20740

4. Where do I find USDA Fruit and Vegetable Standards?

Fruit and Vegetable Standards

5. Where can I find a list of GAP-certified farms in South Carolina?

To find farms that have undergone Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification, visit the USDA GAP&GHP searchable database. To view only results for South Carolina, click the “Location” drop-down box, deselect “All Locations”, and select “South Carolina”, then click “View Report”.

6. Where can I find a list of USDA Certified Organic farms in South Carolina?

You can search the USDA Organic Integrity Database by farm name, city, state and/or product to identify farms that have undergone the organic certification process.